Earlier today, Xiaomi unveiled the Mi MIX 2, in China. It’s the successor to last year’s Mi MIX, which was the company’s first bezel-less smartphone with futuristic design choices. Now, the company has confirmed that it will launch of the futuristic, bezel-less smartphone in India soon. The official Twitter handle of Mi India has teased the image of the Mi Mix 2, and mentioned that the device is coming soon to India. However, there’s no launch date as of now.
#MiMix2 – Coming soon to India! Are you ready for it? pic.twitter.com/1SowVaOWJh
– Mi India (@XiaomiIndia) September 11, 2017
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2’s body is made using aluminium alloy and ceramic.
It offers a massive 5.99-inch 1080 x 2160 Full HD IPS LCD bezel-less display with an 18:9 aspect ratio and 1500:1 contrast ratio. The company has replaced the cantilever piezoelectric acoustic system with a regular earpiece, though.
The octa-core Snapdragon 835 chipset runs the show in the Mi MIX 2, and it is paired with 6GB or 8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage, depending on the variant. Furthermore, there is a 12-megapixel rear-facing camera with OIS and 4K video recording. The front-facing camera has a resolution of an average 5 megapixels. The phone supports 4G LTE networks and comes packed with a 3,400mAh battery, which is 1,000mAh lesser than last year’s Mi MIX.
Although the pricing for the Mi MIX 2 was announced for just the Chinese market as of now, we can still guess its Indian pricing. The 6GB RAM 64GB storage option could be priced around Rs.35,000, while the 128GB and 256GB storage variants could cost around Rs. 37,500 and Rs.40,000, respectively. If the company plans to bring the 8GB RAM variant of the smartphone to India, it might retail somewhere close to the Rs. 50,000 mark.
For more details about the launch date in India, we recommend you to stay tuned with us.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2: Specifications
- Display: 5.99-inch Full HD IPS LCD display with 18:9 aspect ratio, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- Processor: Snapdragon 835 chipset with Adreno 540 GPU
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB RAM, 64GB/128GB/256 GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Software: Android 7.1 Nougat-based MIUI 9
- Rear-facing Camera: 12-megapixel Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25um pixel size, OIS, f/2.0 aperture lens, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 5-megapixel, facial recognition technology
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3400mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 support
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 75.5 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 185 grams / 187 grams (Special Edition)
- Colors: Black & White (Special Edition only)
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 will soon be launched in India, company teases was last modified: September 11th, 2017 by Onkar Soundankar